Chad Bartschenfeld, 2015.
|Weight classes||2010–12: 125 lbs.|
2002–15: 133 lbs.
|Stats through Jan. 30, 2015.|
Chad Bartschenfeld is an Augsburg 133-pound wrestler. Through two seasons, competing at 125 pounds, Bartschenfeld had a 22–19 record.
Bartschenfeld started the season by going 1–2 at the Auggie Brute Open on Nov. 23, finishing in 6th place in the 133-pound Gold Division. He started the day with a close 2–0 loss to No. 4 Evan Obert (Luther), rebounded with a close 7–5 decision over Scottie Bonds (William Penn), but fell in 4:01 to No. 3/5 (NJCAA) Alfredo Rodriguez (Iowa Lakes CC).
On Dec. 7, Bartschenfeld placed 5th in the 133 pound Red Division at the Dragon Open, going 3–1. He opened the tournament with a 12–2 major decision loss to Div. I wrestler Joshua Rodriguez (North Dakota State University), but then rebounded with three straight victories to the claim fifth-place. His first win came via a 14–0 major decision over Div. I wrestler Devin Wolf (North Dakota State University), a 3–2 victory over teammate Roarke Langer and then a 5–7 decision over Anthony Rodriguez (Unattached—North Dakota State University).
Bartschenfeld was a 2015 national finalist for Augsburg at the 2015 NCAA National Championships.
- ^ Place as of Dec. 5, unknown before, according to Intermat
- ^ "Auggie wrestlers start season strong at home open". Wrestling (Augsburg Athletics). November 23, 2013. http://athletics.augsburg.edu/news/2013/11/23/wres112313.aspx. Retrieved November 30, 2013.
- ^ Rodriguez was the eventual bracket champion
- ^ "Hechsel, Johnson win titles at MSUM Dragon Open". Wrestling (Augsburg Athletics). November 7, 2013. http://athletics.augsburg.edu/news/2013/12/7/wres120713.aspx. Retrieved December 8, 2013.
- ^ "Auggies win regional title, qualify all 10 to national tourney". Wrestling (Augsburg Athletics). February 29, 2015. http://athletics.augsburg.edu/news/2015/2/28/wres022815d.aspx. Retrieved March 14, 2015.